Normal view MARC view ISBD view

Influence of season on harvest pattern, pod and bean characters of cacao under areca-cacao mixed cropping system

by Bopaiah, B.M; Shama Bhat, K.
Publisher: Ene-Mar 1989Subject(s): THEOBROMA CACAO | ARECA CATECHU | CULTIVO MIXTO | PALMAE | ALMENDRA | COSECHA | ESTACION SECA | ESTACION HUMEDA | INDIA | THEOBROMA CACAO | ARECA CATECHU | MIXED CROPPING | PALMAE | ALMONDS | HARVESTING | DRY SEASON | WET SEASON | INDIA | THEOBROMA CACAO | ARECA CATECHU | CULTURE EN MELANGE | PALMAE | AMANDE | RECOLTE | SAISON SECHE | SAISON HUMIDE | INDE | MAZORCAS | PESO FRESCO | NUMERO DE GRANOS POR MAZORCA | FRESH WEIGHT In: Indian, Cocoa, Arecanut and Spices Journal (India) v. 12(3) p. 79-81Summary: The influence of season on harvest pattern, pod and bean characters of cacao were studied in areca-cacao mixed cropping system. Two peaks of harvest were recognised on harvest patterns, April to July (71.04 per cent) and November-December (17.76 per cent). The wet season (June-August) accounted 42.75 per cent and the remaining 57.25 per cent was harvested during dry period. The studies on pod characters has indicated that the pod weight was low in wet season as compared to dry season. Analysis of bean characters have revealed higher pulp percentage and lower total soluble solids and bean weight in wet season as compared to dry season.
    average rating: 0.0 (0 votes)
Location Collection Call number Status Date due
BCO
HEM Available

3 tab. 3 ref. Sum. (En)

The influence of season on harvest pattern, pod and bean characters of cacao were studied in areca-cacao mixed cropping system. Two peaks of harvest were recognised on harvest patterns, April to July (71.04 per cent) and November-December (17.76 per cent). The wet season (June-August) accounted 42.75 per cent and the remaining 57.25 per cent was harvested during dry period. The studies on pod characters has indicated that the pod weight was low in wet season as compared to dry season. Analysis of bean characters have revealed higher pulp percentage and lower total soluble solids and bean weight in wet season as compared to dry season.

Click on an image to view it in the image viewer